What ELSE was Altec into Besides sound?
![]()
What ELSE was Altec into Besides sound?
![]()
Audio_by_Goodwill
Michigan, USA
Surely they had nothing to do with this...in any way, shape or form?
![]()

Absolutely none.
Altec Industries, Inc. - Home
"Altec celebrates its 80th anniversary this year. Since 1929..."
Altec used to have military electronic contracts. Honestly I don't know what else.
The label posted was for Altec Corp, the spin off from LTV. There have actually been several incarnations of Altec.
Your neighbors called. They like your music.
........... and i've always assumed it meant the "sound products" division of LTV, rather than a division of Altec itself.The label posted was for Altec Corp, the spin off from LTV.
Not all vegetables make good leaders.
Right, as opposed to the electrical, investment, aircraft, and other ventures of Ling/Temco/Vought.
Edit;
After a bit of refreshing the details, it seems that the Sound Products Division was actually formed under the Altec Corporation umbrella (in '73). The SPD was what was sold to Gulton in '84, which then became the Altec Lansing Corporation (again). The Altec Corporation existed as an entity for a few more years, from which the Altec Service Co. (who had carried on the ERPI theater work) was sold, becoming A.S.C. Technical Services.
"[I]We're going all the way, till the wheels fall off and burn[/I]!"
Bob Dylan, from [I]Brownsville Girl[/I]
[I]"Time wounds all heels"[/I]
John Lennon, referring to the Nixon/Hoover deportation fiasco.
Bookmarks